One year ago, I changed job. I also started a much longer trip to work, which takes almost one hour. I sit on a train for 35min minutes. That means I spend 70min on the train back and forth everyday. At the beginning it was stressful, feeling I do not have so much time to lose on the way. But now, I enjoy it.
The sitting-on-the-train time becomes enjoyable my OWN time, I can think in peace and exchange a few words with my friends and family on the phone, writing in reminders and planning some after-work activities. Once I get to the work, the tempo goes up that I will never have time to do those things.
In addition to this, I have done the following things:
- Analyzing my data with my computer (I always carry my laptop)
- Writing blogs (of course)
- Reading working-related articles
- Sleeping (Worth it!)
- READING BOOKS! Otherwise, I would never have the time sitting down reading!
So I achieved reading the following books.
- The Power of the Habit (awesome! I have written blog about this book)
- Karriärhandbok för Kvinnor (Career Handbook for Women)
- The Little Tricks of a Happy Woman (in Chinese)
- The Thoughts of Men and Women (in Chinese, very useful! ;-))
- Gear up (business books, simple and unique!)
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids will Talk ( believe me, it works)
- How to Talk So Teens Will Listen & Listen so Teens Will Talk
- Fifty Shades of Grey (I could not read the whole book… well, there are enough discussion about it)
That is the fun part of life, you make the best of what you can have, and enjoy it.