At “The Future of Life Science” seminar co-organized by KI career service today, four speakers shared their insightful perspectives for tomorrow’s life science both in academia & pharma.
The 1.5 hour inspiring discussion brought academia, government, and industry together: Anders Gustafsson, Dean of Doctoral Education, KI; Peter Honeth, State Secretary, Ministry of Education; Jan-Olof Jacke, President, AstraZeneca and Ola Hermanson, Dept. Neuroscience, KI as moderator.
Trends the speakers highlighted include:
- the absolute need of high quality basic research both in academia and inhouse in pharma
- More tight collaboration between academia and industry (for example SciLifeLab and KI/AZ ICMC)
- Digital health; big pharma, medical technology and ICT work together
Advices from the speakers to PhD students:
- Encourage PhD students/researchers to go abroad for post-doc; international network.
- Be passionate/ curious/ never being satisfied